Today is the first day in my first full week as a college student and I have a feeling that this is going to be the longest week of my entire life. Last week was the start of school and lets just say it was nothing like a expected college life to be like. After the first two days I was so overwhelmed with all the of school work and reading that I was going to have to accomplish by the end of my first semester of college. I never expected the classes to be so hard and for me to have such a heavy work load, but now I believe I am kind of getting the hang of things slowly but surely. I have learned so much about my self and my weaknesses in the past week at school. I feel as each day passes I am getting better with my time management skills and learning that school work comes first. This first semester at college is going to be a huge transition from high school to college. I no longer live with my parents and they are not here to tell me what I can and cannot do. I am an independent women and have the freedom to make decisions for myself. My parents are not going to remind me to make sure I study and finish my homework, or to do my laundry for me, that is my job now. This semester is going to be filled with new experiences and challenges that will only help me grow as a person. The academic side of college is going to be the most difficult for me I believe. The professors are only going to expect the best from you and will push you because they know what you are capable of doing. There is going to be a lot more work and you will always have to read the books and be prepared for discussion during classes. Here at college is where I expect to meet friends that will last a lifetime and make my college years the best time of my life.
" You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the things which you think you cannot do." -Eleanor Roosevelt
*C.E.R.
Monday, September 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Caroline - you will continue to adjust to the work load of college. And you will. Keep up the hard work. Enjoy this time as you discover new things about yourself... push yourself to pursue your interests and passions. This is your college experience.
Post a Comment