For me this has been my first experience sharing a room and living on the same hall with forty other girls. At first I thought it might be a little difficult to get use to, like living with a total stranger, but it was not as bad as a thought. Since this was my first time being away from my family and home for a long period of time I started to feel homesick the first week. Through all of those feelings of wanting to go back home and to be around all my old friends again, I realized that I can get through anything. Now I love it here! I have a new set of friends and I have experienced a lot new things. To be good hall mate, roommate, etc. you have to be respectful to each other. We all come from different backgrounds and cultures and we all have lived a certain way before. I live on the second floor, but I probably spend more time on the third floor then in my room. The third floor is where all my friends live and that floor just has a sense of community. I wish I knew more people on my hall and that it would feel like a community too. Another thing that I have learned is to listen to all your classmates comments and questions. Everyone has a different opinion or view on a subject matter that you could learn from.
*C.E.R.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Caroline, being a good listener is so important, and you definitely appear to be one. Glad to hear you are feeling at home, and enjoying yourself!!
Post a Comment