I am half way through my first full week and it is going by faster than I thought it would. Today we had an Involvement Fair where everyone could sign-up and join new clubs for the school year. I have found a couple of organizations that I hope to get involved in this year, PSA and the Athletic Association. The Presbyterian Student Association or PSA is a group of college students from the Spartanburg area colleges.This group has Bible studies and discussions, along with group excursions. This is also apart of the Student Christian Association group at Converse. I also found the group the Athletic Association which is responsible for the intramural sports program and the powder puff football game during 1889 Week. I feel that I could fit into both of these organizations very well. These groups match many of my interests and clubs that I was involved in during high school. I was an active member of my church youth group and I went on mission trips with them, so I think PSA will help that aspect of my life since I am away from my home and church. In high school I was also on the basketball team and I love sports in general so the Athletic Association would be great, because I really wanted to continue to play basketball in college just for fun. But in high school I was a member of the band both marching and concert bands, so that took up most of my time. I was involved in everything music related in high school, but here at college that has changed. I wish I could still play the flute just for the fun of it, but that would probably take up to much of my time with practicing and things like that. I think that I am definitely challenging my self to try new and different things because after all that is one of the things we go to college for.
"Don't be afraid to try something new. An amateur built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic."
*C.E.R.
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I will definitely come cheer you on if you get to play powder puff football! That would be awesome.
ill cheer you on too Caroline =) haha! i agree with the classes being harder than we orginally thought but we'll all get used to it.
<3
I agree...classes are definetly going by faster than we think...and are harder than what we thought too. It'll all work out though. We just have to get used to everything and joining clubs that we like will help. Once everything is balanced, you may also find time to go back to playing the flute too :)
I definately agree the work is way harder than I think any of us antisipated...
Well, I haven't had the same experience with classes, except they are going really fast. It feels like we've been here forever though... But I will be right there with Anna-Alyce cheering you on at the powder puff football. Lol, that would be entertaining I'm sure.
We'll all be cheering you on, and classes have been a little challenging for me too. So many things to do and so little time to do it...
There are so many organizations here on campus I'm not suprised that you found two. But the one that organizes the intramurals sounds like fun.
Now I know someone I can go to to start a team!
If you do get involved with intramural sports you should let me know what its like. I want to play volleyball myself, but I'm afraid I wouldn't have enough time since I'm doing drama.
Post a Comment