When I was younger I kind of followed the elections. I know who was running and I knew who I wanted to win, even if it was for a certain reason that had nothing to do with their political stand point. But now I am 18 and I finally get to vote. This is a right that should be taken very seriously. I guess I have always agreed with my parents on certain issues, like if I am conservative or liberal in my views. Now I don't have to follow what my parents do I have my own voice and my own vote. I believe before you can make any decision on who you want to vote for you need to learn about each candidate. Get on their websites and see how they stand on the issues that are important to you. Then make your decision based on that information, not on race or gender which are very important parts of the 2008 Election. History will be set after this election no matter who wins. Barack Obama would be the first African American President of the United States, even though he is not fully African American because his mother is white. While if John McCain was to be elected President he would be the oldest at the time of the election to be the United States President and Sarah Palin would be the first female Vice President. So this election is going to be a historic one. So get out and vote on November 4 and exercise your right as an American citizen. And if you do not vote you have no right to complain about who wins! If you can't go out and vote you can vote absentee, like I did!
*C.E.R.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your right this election will long be remembered.
Post a Comment